Friday, June 26, 2009

Disney World




My friend Andrea and I are both teachers so what else would you do during the summer except go to DISNEY WORLD?!  I went when I was about 4 years old and I think she was around the same age as well.  I hated it but I did grow into a huge Disney fan throughout my childhood.  My Dad recently bought a retirement home outside of Orlando so we had a free place to stay and opted for a little road trip.
It is definitely not cheap getting in, nor is it easy; they really allow time for the anticipation to build.  But immediately upon arrival you are greeted on Main Street with barber shop quartets, balloons, and the smell of sugar.  Yes, the streets smell like sugar!  The smell actually comes from the confectionary where the make delicious treats like Rice Krispy treats and fudge.  They also have every type of candy you can imagine including about 30 different colors of M&Ms. 
We did have a Wally World moment; Space Mountain was out of order but we rode just about everything else.  Splash Mountain and the teacups were my favorites.  We stayed until midnight and saw the fireworks and the parade.  You turn into a twelve year old again for the day.  I left the camera at home but luckily Andrea had her iPhone and was able to snap a few shots.

No comments: